Renault Trucks has made safety one of its top priorities. Its operations in this field are guided by a determination to find the most efficient solutions.
Safety involves a number of points such as:
- improved road holding, braking, slowing, vision and ergonomics,
- the development of anti-run guards,
- improvement in automatic systems taking over control of the vehicle to help the driver in risk situations,
- the fight against loss of vigilance,
- protection of the driver and other cab occupants,
- and protection of the vulnerable users.
Electronic braking systems enable drivers to react extra quickly, while dynamic control helps the vehicle to maintain directional stability, guarding against rollover and jack-knifing. Rearview mirrors with built-in cameras, sensors and cameras for blind spots help drivers remain constantly on the alert, while other mechanisms enable increased interaction between driver and vehicle, such as:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (A.C.C.), which ensures there is a safe distance between vehicles.
- Electronic Stability Control (EVSC)
- Advanced Emergency Braking System (AEBS)
- Lane Warning Departure System (LWDS)
With respect to passive safety, Renault Trucks is continually looking into ways of reducing the impact of accidents by improving cab design and comfort (elimination of blunt edges, safety cushions, belts, reinforced cab structure, etc.).